U.S. Business Advisor
This site provides a variety of information, including:
- Starting, managing and marketing your business. Includes links to American Express Small Business Network, Forbes Small Business Center and Fortune Small Business magazine.
- Business tax concerns. Includes information on self-employment concerns, direct access to tax law and American Bar Association Tax Section publications.
- Financing your business. Includes information on Small Business Administration loan programs, Department of Agriculture loan programs and Kiplinger small business finance.
- Workplace regulations. Includes information on Equal Employment, Americans with Disabilities Act, employee benefits and pensions.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
This official site site of the SBA is a trove of information how to start, mange, finance and sell a business. They also can be reached at the Small Business Answer Desk at 800-U ASK SBA. Use this site to find out how to:
- Write a business plan.
- Obtain needed licenses.
- Obtain SBA loans,from $2,000 to $2 million and beyond.
- Receive disaster relief.
- Link to hundreds of on-line resources.
Site is designed to help small businesses navigate and understand applicable federal and state rules and regulations.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Complaint hotline telephone number (877) 382-4357.
This organization regulates franchises on a federal level.
North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc. (NASAA)
This site contains a directory of how to contact your State’s franchise regulators.
Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
The SCORE Association (Service Corps of Retired Executives) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. Working and retired executives and business owners donate their time and expertise as volunteer business counselors and provide confidential counseling and mentoring free of charge.
Last Modified: December 5th, 2009