Artist Management Conference 2010 (AMCON2010) in NY October 14-15, 2010
The Artist Management Conference 2010 (AMCON2010) is scheduled to take place in New York on October 14-15, 2010 and will bring together Artist Managers, self-managed Artists, and other music industry professionals to provide a forum to discuss issues of common interest, stay ahead of the curve, and illuminate areas of opportunity amidst the threats in a shifting music business landscape.
The conference will address a variety of topics including record labels that are positioning themselves as artist branding companies and structuring 360 (or multiple-rights) deals with artists. As a consequence of these deals, turf wars between record labels and artist managers are predicted to break out as record labels are seen to be usurping the role of artist managers.
Technological breakthroughs and innovations (in the form of music apps, widgets, gadgets, services, etc) are revolutionizing the ways in which management companies, artists, record labels, publishing companies, and others can work together to more efficiently monetize relationships, share data, and maximize revenue. New business models that facilitate relationships in the areas of branding, licensing, endorsements and sponsorships are also emerging.
For the latest news and information, please visit www.ascap.com/expo.
No related posts.
Recent Blog Articles
- Conference — Worldwide Patent Statistics for Forecasting Technology-Related Activities
- October 27 & 28 – Free Inventors Conference Presented by USPTO
- Native American Artists and Craftsman: GAO Discusses Violations and Lack of US Enforcement
- Trademark Monitoring Scam: Don’t get dooped
- Obama administration proposes stricter IP laws
- Are you getting sued? What getting a Cease and Desist letter means for you.
- What does ‘Use in Commerce’ mean in your USPTO trademark application?
- FCC issues new Net Neutrality rules
- USPTO Extended Missing Parts Pilot Program: Lay-A-Way Option Available to December 7, 2011
- The Battle over Network Neutrality May Finally Be Hitting Your Monthly Bill as Comcast and Netflix Provider Spar
- Facebook Continues its Litigation Trend – The Next Target: Lamebook
- Calculating Damages for Copyright Infringement
- Architectural Copyrights – When a building is more than the sum of its parts.
- Rosetta Stone Gears up for a Battle Against Google and the Future of Adwords
- New Rules Proposed on Gene Patenting
- 4chan and the Internet Dispense Justice as They See Fit
- A Thin Line Between Artistry and Architecture
- Speech Crimes: How talking on the Internet can get you into trouble
- Virginia Imagination Made Real EXPO for Innovators
- Trademark Abbreviations & The Public Use Doctrine
- American Indian (4)
- Business (69)
- Charities (1)
- Copyright Articles (34)
- Architecture (1)
- Government Contracting (9)
- Internet (2)
- Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates (64)
- law (22)
- Online Privacy (11)
- Patent Articles (50)
- Press release (6)
- trademark (25)
- Trademark Articles (28)
- U Decide (1)
- Uncategorized (14)