Innovative Funding, Franchising & Finance
Where: Christopher Christoher Newport University, Business & Technology Center (SunTrust Building), Room 326
When: Wed June 10, 2009, 6:30 – 9 PM (registration 6 PM)
Costs: Member: $5 Public: $10
Overview: The June 2009 meeting will focus on innovative franchising, what it is like to be funded by venture groups, and some insights into business finance strategies for start ups and for businesses that need an infusion of capital to bridge the gap.
Featuring the Following Guest Speakers and Moderator:
Walter Ewell (CFE of Franchise Republic, LLC)
Walt will discuss innovative franchising models including the Delaware LLC series as well as some of experiences, lessons learned, and finance considerations.
Gary Warren (Managing Partner of IPX Partners)
Gary will focus on financial and business considerations in growing a business. Gary founded URLabs and served as CEO for many years. In the early 1990s, Symantec (Norton) bought out URL prior to a public offering. Gary served as a Vice President to Symantec for several years, and then became the CEO of a communications technology company, funded through venture capitalists (VC) who pulled funding. Thereafter, Gary founded IPX Partners – a business that focuses on innovative businesses finance, funding and practical considerations.
Bambi Walters (Bambi Faivre Walters, PC)
Bambi is the Director of the Virginia Inventors Forum. She is also an intellectual property attorney and is on the Board of Directors for several companies. Bambi will provide a brief introduction on financing with someone else’ money, importance of identifying risks, and critical role of trying to keep an eye on everything all of the time (aka “accountability”).
Directions: From I-64
- Bambi Faivre Walters to serve on the United Inventors Association National Board FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (January 11, 2010) The law office of Bambi Faivre Walters, PC announces that Bambi Faivre Walters was voted...
Recent Blog Articles
- Conference — Worldwide Patent Statistics for Forecasting Technology-Related Activities
- October 27 & 28 – Free Inventors Conference Presented by USPTO
- Native American Artists and Craftsman: GAO Discusses Violations and Lack of US Enforcement
- Trademark Monitoring Scam: Don’t get dooped
- Obama administration proposes stricter IP laws
- Are you getting sued? What getting a Cease and Desist letter means for you.
- What does ‘Use in Commerce’ mean in your USPTO trademark application?
- FCC issues new Net Neutrality rules
- USPTO Extended Missing Parts Pilot Program: Lay-A-Way Option Available to December 7, 2011
- The Battle over Network Neutrality May Finally Be Hitting Your Monthly Bill as Comcast and Netflix Provider Spar
- Facebook Continues its Litigation Trend – The Next Target: Lamebook
- Calculating Damages for Copyright Infringement
- Architectural Copyrights – When a building is more than the sum of its parts.
- Rosetta Stone Gears up for a Battle Against Google and the Future of Adwords
- New Rules Proposed on Gene Patenting
- 4chan and the Internet Dispense Justice as They See Fit
- A Thin Line Between Artistry and Architecture
- Speech Crimes: How talking on the Internet can get you into trouble
- Virginia Imagination Made Real EXPO for Innovators
- Trademark Abbreviations & The Public Use Doctrine
- American Indian (4)
- Business (69)
- Charities (1)
- Copyright Articles (34)
- Architecture (1)
- Government Contracting (9)
- Internet (2)
- Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates (64)
- law (22)
- Online Privacy (11)
- Patent Articles (50)
- Press release (6)
- trademark (25)
- Trademark Articles (28)
- U Decide (1)
- Uncategorized (14)