2010 Innovators of the Year Award Presented by Virginia Inventors Forum
The Virginia Inventors Forum (VIF) had over thirty (30) submissions from Virginia businesses for the 2010 Innovator of the Year Award. VIF will present the 2010 Innovator of the Year Award during the 13th Annual Hampton Roads Technology Night to be held on May 6, 2010 at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. VIF extends appreciation to the Hampton Roads Technology Council for allowing VIF to partner with HRTC and others during Tech Night. For more information on Tech Night and HRTC, please visit www.hrtc.org.
And, now for the winners. . .
Second Place Finalists (there was a tie and these are presented in no particular order)
- Leonard W. Winchester, Jr., PH.D. and Nee-Yin Chou from CW Optics, “Optical Imaging Blood Circulation Velocities” (Seaford, VA)
- Troy H. Lapetina from The Nathan Group, “Rapid Access Tool-Armored Vehicle Rescue and Breaching Other Ballistically Protected Spaces” (Williamsburg/James City County, VA)
First Place Winner:
- Christina J. Snyder and Timothy J. Ladison from Aseptic Technologies, LLC, inventing the “Polymer Operating Room Transparent Storage (PORTS)” (Williamsburg/James City County, VA)
For excellence and dedication to supporting inventors, VIF also presented a 2010 Volunteer Achievement Award to:
- Dick Gibson (Williamsburg/James City County, VA).
VIF congratulates everyone on a job well done and believes that the intellect, talent and drive of each inventor enables growth for businesses in Hampton Roads and throughout Virginia.
For more information about VIF, please visit www.virginiainventors.org.
- Virginia Inventors Forum Application for 2010 Innovator of the Year Award The Virginia Inventors Forum is seeking applications from independent inventors and small businesses for its 2010 Innovator of the Year...
- Virginia Inventors Forum Meeting on January 13, 2010 at JCC Library, 6PM to 9PM January Virginia Inventors Forum Meeting Topic: Minimum Patent Protection & Maximum Market Response WHEN: Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 6:30PM to...
- Virginia Inventors Sept 9 Meeting: Presentations of Inventions to Industry Panel Upcoming event information: Member’s Assistance Meetings James City County Library, 7770 Croaker Road Williamsburg, VA Date: 9 September 2009, Wednesday...
- JCCTI Open House on May 21 The James City County Technology Incubator (JCCTI) invites you to come meet the budding entrepreneurs of the Hampton Roads, Virginia...
- Tech Night on May 7 Hampton Roads Technology Council (HRTC) hosts it’s annual premier event, Tech Nite, for high-tech companies, individuals, entrepreneurs, and innovations of...
Recent Blog Articles
- Conference — Worldwide Patent Statistics for Forecasting Technology-Related Activities
- October 27 & 28 – Free Inventors Conference Presented by USPTO
- Native American Artists and Craftsman: GAO Discusses Violations and Lack of US Enforcement
- Trademark Monitoring Scam: Don’t get dooped
- Obama administration proposes stricter IP laws
- Are you getting sued? What getting a Cease and Desist letter means for you.
- What does ‘Use in Commerce’ mean in your USPTO trademark application?
- FCC issues new Net Neutrality rules
- USPTO Extended Missing Parts Pilot Program: Lay-A-Way Option Available to December 7, 2011
- The Battle over Network Neutrality May Finally Be Hitting Your Monthly Bill as Comcast and Netflix Provider Spar
- Facebook Continues its Litigation Trend – The Next Target: Lamebook
- Calculating Damages for Copyright Infringement
- Architectural Copyrights – When a building is more than the sum of its parts.
- Rosetta Stone Gears up for a Battle Against Google and the Future of Adwords
- New Rules Proposed on Gene Patenting
- 4chan and the Internet Dispense Justice as They See Fit
- A Thin Line Between Artistry and Architecture
- Speech Crimes: How talking on the Internet can get you into trouble
- Virginia Imagination Made Real EXPO for Innovators
- Trademark Abbreviations & The Public Use Doctrine
- American Indian (4)
- Business (69)
- Charities (1)
- Copyright Articles (34)
- Architecture (1)
- Government Contracting (9)
- Internet (2)
- Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates (64)
- law (22)
- Online Privacy (11)
- Patent Articles (50)
- Press release (6)
- trademark (25)
- Trademark Articles (28)
- U Decide (1)
- Uncategorized (14)