October 27 & 28 – Free Inventors Conference Presented by USPTO
Filed under: Business, Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates, Patent Articles
As part of a series of programs that complement the Great American Hall of Wonders exhibition, The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the Smithsonian American Art Museum are sponsoring a FREE Inventors Symposium, Thursday, October 27, 2011 and Friday, October 28, 2011. Registration is available at this link — http://events.invent.org/invsym/. This unique day and a half long event in the museum’s Nan Tucker McEvoy Auditorium is specially designed for independent inventors and small business entrepreneurs.
On Thursday, the first day of the symposium, the focus will be on the recently enacted America Invents Act and its impact on independent inventors and small businesses. Senior officials of the USPTO will also appear throughout the day and provide important information about patents, trademarks and intellectual property protection. The day’s program will conclude with a networking reception.
On Friday, October 28, 2011, a number of experts will address how inventors and entrepreneurs can take their ideas and innovations to the next level. Topics to be covered include manufacturing, marketing, and licensing– to start and grow a business. In the afternoon, the program will feature government officials discussing programs that are designed to assist and support independent inventors and small business entrepreneurs.
The day will conclude with a docent guided tour of the Great American Hall of Wonders exhibition.
While the Inventors Symposium is a FREE event, space is limited and registration is strongly encouraged!
Ms. Walters is a USPTO registered patent attorney (#45,197). This blog post is not meant to provide legal advice, and if you if you don’t have time to attend, but need help answering a patent question, then please contact Bambi Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No related posts.
Recent Blog Articles
- Conference — Worldwide Patent Statistics for Forecasting Technology-Related Activities
- October 27 & 28 – Free Inventors Conference Presented by USPTO
- Native American Artists and Craftsman: GAO Discusses Violations and Lack of US Enforcement
- Trademark Monitoring Scam: Don’t get dooped
- Obama administration proposes stricter IP laws
- Are you getting sued? What getting a Cease and Desist letter means for you.
- What does ‘Use in Commerce’ mean in your USPTO trademark application?
- FCC issues new Net Neutrality rules
- USPTO Extended Missing Parts Pilot Program: Lay-A-Way Option Available to December 7, 2011
- The Battle over Network Neutrality May Finally Be Hitting Your Monthly Bill as Comcast and Netflix Provider Spar
- Facebook Continues its Litigation Trend – The Next Target: Lamebook
- Calculating Damages for Copyright Infringement
- Architectural Copyrights – When a building is more than the sum of its parts.
- Rosetta Stone Gears up for a Battle Against Google and the Future of Adwords
- New Rules Proposed on Gene Patenting
- 4chan and the Internet Dispense Justice as They See Fit
- A Thin Line Between Artistry and Architecture
- Speech Crimes: How talking on the Internet can get you into trouble
- Virginia Imagination Made Real EXPO for Innovators
- Trademark Abbreviations & The Public Use Doctrine
- American Indian (4)
- Business (69)
- Charities (1)
- Copyright Articles (34)
- Architecture (1)
- Government Contracting (9)
- Internet (2)
- Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates (64)
- law (22)
- Online Privacy (11)
- Patent Articles (50)
- Press release (6)
- trademark (25)
- Trademark Articles (28)
- U Decide (1)
- Uncategorized (14)