Virginia Inventor Forum Meetings
Filed under: Business, Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates, Patent Articles
July 22, 2009 (6PM to 9PM $5 member/$10 public) at 7770 Croaker Road, James City County Library, Williamsburg, VA (same as July 15 meeting)
National Innovation Marketplace (NIM) Introduction, IP Protection & Grants: Our July 2009 meetings are working meetings to prepare for the upcoming NIM workshop, review IP protection, and review prototypes and concepts that might be launched on the NIM site. Bring your laptops and get ready to learn about a free marketing tool that is available to showcase your innovative ideas and products to Fortune 500 companies. We will review a 12 Step Model for filing a Provisional Application Patent as well as non-provisional, utility patent application protection and discuss the importance of protecting your intellectual property assets before going live on NIM on August 8, 2009.
August 8, 2009 (8:30AM to 5PM fee is $35) at 301 Hiden Blvd, 4th Floor at CNU Business and Technology Newport News, VA
Participate in this informative, high quality workshop to receive a $2,000 grant to upload of your protected invention to the National Innovation Marketplace (NIM). The National Innovation Marketplace is where Inventors and Companies speak the same language. Your invention will be placed in front of thousands of companies looking for an idea just like yours. We strongly recommend attending one of the pre-workshop on July 15, 2009 or July 22, 2009 to learn about the importance of protecting your invention before uploading to NIM. Please also see the attached flyer.
August 12, 2009 (6PM to 9PM $5 member/$10 public) at 7770 Croaker Road, James City County Library, Williamsburg, VA
Design Around Discussion: Strategic Advantage for Your Business, and Beware of Your Competitors. Round table discussion with software and mechanical engineers on how to design around your competitor’s product. Our panel includes Alison and Rob Heittman of Solertium, Richard Lee of Lee Engineering & Design, Bruce Ferris of Sparks Engineering and intellectual property legal professionals.
Learn more here: http://www.meetup.com/virginiainventors/calendar/10844837/
No related posts.
Recent Blog Articles
- Conference — Worldwide Patent Statistics for Forecasting Technology-Related Activities
- October 27 & 28 – Free Inventors Conference Presented by USPTO
- Native American Artists and Craftsman: GAO Discusses Violations and Lack of US Enforcement
- Trademark Monitoring Scam: Don’t get dooped
- Obama administration proposes stricter IP laws
- Are you getting sued? What getting a Cease and Desist letter means for you.
- What does ‘Use in Commerce’ mean in your USPTO trademark application?
- FCC issues new Net Neutrality rules
- USPTO Extended Missing Parts Pilot Program: Lay-A-Way Option Available to December 7, 2011
- The Battle over Network Neutrality May Finally Be Hitting Your Monthly Bill as Comcast and Netflix Provider Spar
- Facebook Continues its Litigation Trend – The Next Target: Lamebook
- Calculating Damages for Copyright Infringement
- Architectural Copyrights – When a building is more than the sum of its parts.
- Rosetta Stone Gears up for a Battle Against Google and the Future of Adwords
- New Rules Proposed on Gene Patenting
- 4chan and the Internet Dispense Justice as They See Fit
- A Thin Line Between Artistry and Architecture
- Speech Crimes: How talking on the Internet can get you into trouble
- Virginia Imagination Made Real EXPO for Innovators
- Trademark Abbreviations & The Public Use Doctrine
- American Indian (4)
- Business (69)
- Charities (1)
- Copyright Articles (34)
- Architecture (1)
- Government Contracting (9)
- Internet (2)
- Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates (64)
- law (22)
- Online Privacy (11)
- Patent Articles (50)
- Press release (6)
- trademark (25)
- Trademark Articles (28)
- U Decide (1)
- Uncategorized (14)