Filed under: American Indian, Business, Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates, Patent Articles, Press release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (January 11, 2010)
The law office of Bambi Faivre Walters, PC announces that Bambi Faivre Walters was voted to serve on the National Board of Directors for the United Inventors Association (UIA) through 2013. Since 1990, the UIA is dedicated non-profit organization dedicated to inventor education and support. The UIA is a registered 501(c)3 and represents more than 10,000 inventors worldwide.
Unlike inventors who enjoy financial/legal support from corporations or universities, independent inventors are often vulnerable to fraudulent invention marketing companies. By collecting and sharing educational information with certified local inventor organizations around the country, the UIA has helped many inventors avoid such frauds and helped to build and strengthen the independent inventor community. The Virginia Inventors Forum, Inc. (VIF) is Virginia’s local UIA chapter and Ms. Walters also serves on VIF’s Board. VIF holds monthly meetings from January through October, typically on the second Wednesday of the month with the next meeting on January 13, 2010 at the James City County Library from 6PM to 9PM.
Ms. Walters shared “As a patent attorney, I help inventors identify and protect new ideas. However, the steps from patent protection to financial success require that an independent inventor learn how to run a business and, more important, to have an exit plan. In my opinion, the best way to figure out how to get from dreams to dollars is to learn from other innovators and to be able to identify reliable resources. My priority on the UIA Board is to help build and connect our local inventor clubs. National and some of the local chapters have fabulous resources and letting others know about and have access to these resources is important.”
Ms. Walters is a registered United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) patent attorney (Reg. No. 45,197) and is admitted to the North Carolina State Bar. Ms. Walters is the managing attorney of Bambi Faivre Walters, PC, a Native American, woman-owned legal services firm committed to protecting and promoting of the ideas, products, logos, services, creative works and other assets of each client.
For more information, visit www.patent-trademark-law.com or call 888-388-9614 or 757-253-5729.
Recent Blog Articles
- Conference — Worldwide Patent Statistics for Forecasting Technology-Related Activities
- October 27 & 28 – Free Inventors Conference Presented by USPTO
- Native American Artists and Craftsman: GAO Discusses Violations and Lack of US Enforcement
- Trademark Monitoring Scam: Don’t get dooped
- Obama administration proposes stricter IP laws
- Are you getting sued? What getting a Cease and Desist letter means for you.
- What does ‘Use in Commerce’ mean in your USPTO trademark application?
- FCC issues new Net Neutrality rules
- USPTO Extended Missing Parts Pilot Program: Lay-A-Way Option Available to December 7, 2011
- The Battle over Network Neutrality May Finally Be Hitting Your Monthly Bill as Comcast and Netflix Provider Spar
- Facebook Continues its Litigation Trend – The Next Target: Lamebook
- Calculating Damages for Copyright Infringement
- Architectural Copyrights – When a building is more than the sum of its parts.
- Rosetta Stone Gears up for a Battle Against Google and the Future of Adwords
- New Rules Proposed on Gene Patenting
- 4chan and the Internet Dispense Justice as They See Fit
- A Thin Line Between Artistry and Architecture
- Speech Crimes: How talking on the Internet can get you into trouble
- Virginia Imagination Made Real EXPO for Innovators
- Trademark Abbreviations & The Public Use Doctrine
- American Indian (4)
- Business (69)
- Charities (1)
- Copyright Articles (34)
- Architecture (1)
- Government Contracting (9)
- Internet (2)
- Inventor & Entrepreneur Updates (64)
- law (22)
- Online Privacy (11)
- Patent Articles (50)
- Press release (6)
- trademark (25)
- Trademark Articles (28)
- U Decide (1)
- Uncategorized (14)